Thursday 12 April 2018

April 12, 2018 - Suggested Reading John 10 – for Apr 15th’s message on 1 Corinthians 7:8-24 in the 1st Service


“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.”
John 10:27 (NIV) 

What does it mean to be called by Jesus?
His sheep know His voice - but how do they recognize His voice from others?
Do we need to know the answers to these and other questions or is it enough for us to know that we recognized His voice and that we followed after Him?

The Pharisees didn’t understand, they are smarter than us - but they didn’t follow Jesus because they didn’t recognize His voice. They saw His miracles, they heard His teaching, they heard His audible voice but they didn’t follow Him. Its like they only listened when they were talking - do you know anyone like that?

There is a real sense of finality in this chapter, a sense of Jesus being in control – it brings me great peace as I read these Words - because I know His voice and I follow Him.
He has never made me do anything, He is gentle with me, speaking softly and persistently. He calls me by name, He speaks Words of life into my ears, 
He leads me beside still waters and green pastures and He restores my soul, and He sets a table of fellowship up in the midst of my enemies. 
He knows my name-oh that I would honour His Name by listening when He speaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment