Tuesday 12 March 2013

Psalm 77

"I thought...Then I thought..."
{Psalm 77:5a, 10a (NIV) 

God has given each of us a mind. Not just a brain, though the brain is a ncessary part of the mind. He has made each of us with a mind, and therefore we can think cognitively; we can use logic, we can think apposing thoughts and argue things out. We can connect sights, sounds and smells to events, and to people. We can dream and visualize what the future may hold, most of which is pure fantasy, but some of which is actually logical projection based on past observations. 

The most amazing part of our minds is our memory; the fact that we can think on things that we have read or experienced. The psalmist's mind is working against him in verses 5 thru 9, as his memories of his own actions condemn him and place him in God's anger. But through his will, he forces himself to place his mind on a different subject. Instead of remembering his actions, he chooses to remember God's actions. 

There is a world of difference between remembering my actions, versus remembering God's actions. Placing my mind on myself and what I have done, will bring dispair. Placing my mind on God and what He has done, will bring healing and hope.

May we this day resolve to get our minds fixed on our Lord Jesus Christ and the tremendous work of love that He did for us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment