Wednesday 2 January 2013

Exodus 3:13-15



 This is what the LORD says- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel …”
{Isaiah 43:14a}  (NIV1984)

'The LORD'. 'I am who I am'. 'He is who He is'. 'YHWH'. Whenever we see the English word LORD (all capitals) in the Old Testament, we know that the Hebrew word is YHWH. This Hebrew word is the personal name of God, given by God to Moses in response to his question at the burning bush. 

If you asked me who I was, I would give you my name and tell you who my father is, and where he grew up. The LORD has no father, the LORD didn’t grow up anywhere, the LORD didn’t come from anywhere, the LORD is! To think on this, stretches our minds and our souls. To think about a Being who always has been and always will be, who identifies Himself as 'I AM', is to think upon the most wonderful Person. 

Even more wonderful, is the truth that this Person wants us to know Him, and wants to know us. He doesn’t need us, we don’t add anything to who he is, and we can’t take anything away from Him. Yet, YHWH speaks. He speaks words of life, words of love, words that call us to come close to Him, words that will last forever. Friend, draw near to YHWH this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment