Friday 13 December 2019

December 13, 2019 - Suggested Reading Zephaniah 3 for the December 15th message on Isaiah 9:1-7 in our worship service at 10:00AM


“The LORD within her is righteous; he does no wrong. Morning by morning he dispenses his justice, and every new day he does not fail, yet the unrighteous know no shame.”
Zephaniah 3:5 (NIV) 

I prefer to see myself in the restoration promise of this chapter found in verses 9 thru 20, I am after all a Gentile, one of the worshippers God has purified through His Spirit and brought to Him from beyond the rivers of Cush. Praise His holy Name!
I don’t want to see myself in the first 8 verses of this chapter - yet how many times have I known no shame as I did what was wrong, refused to be corrected and did violence to the Law of God, in how I treated the people around me. From where I sit it seems to me that most of my brothers and sisters in Christ are on occasion in the same boat that I too readily occupy.
The LORD was within Jerusalem, being righteous and doing justice - never failing them- yet they failed Him – instead of His righteousness and justice being revealed through their lives, they oppressed the people around them.
The LORD is within us through His Spirit, being righteous and doing justice - never failing us - yet we fail Him we fail to love those people around us.
May God show us our true state.
May we feel shame.
May we run to Him confessing our sin - for He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin, cleansing us from all unrighteousness - for faithful, just and righteous is He!

No comments:

Post a Comment