Thursday 14 February 2019

Feb 14, 2019 - Suggested Reading Micah 7 for Feb 17ths message on Matthew 10:32-42 in our worship service at 10:45am


“But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD,
I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.”
Micah 7:7 (NIV)

Is this verse accurate and true of us?
Do I do this?
Do I watch in hope for the Lord?
Do I wait for Him to save me?
If this true and accurate of us – then we will be different then our neighbours, our friends and our family.
The prophetic message of Micah - as he looks around the nation of Judah he sees corruption and injustice everywhere. 
Calling it a time of confusion - the day God visits - and warning the righteous not to trust a neighbour, nor a friend nor even your spouse.
Is pointing to the time we live in for our Lord uses verse 6 as He instructs the disciples about the cost of following Him.
He warns us all that following Him will bring division.
This is so true in our lives today.
Spouses who follow Christ, but their marriage partner doesn’t can testify to this truth.
Parents of unsaved children can testify to this truth.
Children of unsaved parents can testify to this truth.
I think of witnessing to unsaved neighbours and co-workers - they will talk about the Bible, and God all day long, but mention the name Jesus and they shut the conversation down.
Jesus divides - He is the great dividing point of humanity.
He didn’t come to bring peace among people.
He came to bring peace between God and those who put their hope in Jesus Christ.
There will be a day when He comes back and as all humanity stand before Him, some of us will watch our neighbours, and our family members be separated from us and cast into an eternity of fire.
What can we do about this now?
Dare to be a Micah!
Be one who watches in hope for the LORD and who waits for God my Saviour.
Believing that God hears your prayers.
Then be ready to give them a reason for the hope within you.
Perhaps God will be gracious to them and bring them into His kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment