Wednesday 19 September 2018

September 18, 2018 - Suggested Reading Song of Songs 8 for Sept 16th s message on 1 Corinthians 10:14-33 in our worship service at 9:00 am


“Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.”

I like to tease pastor Mark that the next book series in our Sunday services will be Song of Songs- and he always groans. Most of us feel a little queasy reading this book, except for those who believe it is a book about gardening, and if you believe it is about gardening – bless you.
Love songs are sung wherever humans are, because the love between a husband and wife in a covenant relationship before God is the most precious and perfect relationship known to humans., and is the primary relationship of all other human relationships. 
This particular love song seems to cross the boundaries into erotic language, which makes us a little uncomfortable discussing the meanings of the phrases in public settings. I will let you go verse by verse to get the meaning from this chapter - perhaps you should read it out loud with your spouse, and the meaning might become very real.
I only want us to notice that jealousy exists wherever true love exists.
I for one, am glad that God has placed me like a seal over his heart, that His love for me is stronger than death, and His jealousy will never yield, for His love for me never grows cold!
Praise His holy Name.
May I place Him as a seal over my heart, and may my love for Him always burn hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment