Monday 17 September 2018

September 17, 2018 - Suggested Reading Psalm 26 for Sept 23rd's message on Matthew 6:1-21 in our worship service at 10:45am


“I do not sit with the deceitful, nor do I associate with hypocrites. I abhor the assembly of evildoers and refuse to sit with the wicked.”

No doubt the hypocrites of our Lord Jesus’ day could quote vs 4 thru 10 of Psalm 26, Word for Word and all the time believing that they were blameless and righteous in God’s sight. The hypocrites of our Lord’s day were furious with Him because He “sat with the wicked”.
But a hypocrite could not quote verses 1 thru 3, for those verses ask God to test and try us, to examine our hearts and minds, these verses are an invitation for God to change us, to impose His will upon us, and hypocrites want nothing to do with God’s examination- they are into self- examination. And how about verses 11,12? A hypocrite doesn’t need deliverance, nor do they need mercy, nor does their feet stand on level ground. Rather a hypocrite is standing on quicksand, being sucked into the swamp of deceit, self-righteousness and insincerity before God,
all the while too proud to call out for help.
Oh God examine my heart, pull me up short - keep deceit far from my dealings with You and me. 
Have mercy O Lord – deal with me according to your unfailing love.
Deal with me according to Your love for Your Son, for I am in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment