Thursday 24 April 2014

2 Chronicles 6:36 thru 7:14

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pleaseexcuseme/7340306706/
"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever." 
1 Chronicles 28:9 (NIV) 

We should pay attention to what David tells us about the heart!

God told Saul that He would remove him as king and replace him with a king after His own heart. (1 Sam 13:14) Then when Samuel in obedience to God, went to Jesse's home to anoint this next king, God reminded Samuel that the LORD looks on the heart, and that even though these sons of Jesse look good from the outside to Samuel who can’t see their hearts, God wanted Jesse's youngest son because of his heart.

David knows about a heart that is pleasing to God, and he knows the importance of having a good heart!

Son LISTEN UP!

ACKNOWLEDGE God - Solomon got this one right and penned these Words: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart  and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5,6 -  If you acknowledge God as Lord, you will submit to Him.

SERVE God – not begrudgingly, nor miserly, but willingly and with all of your devotion. Solomon received these words, as you can tell from his early prayers, but the 1 Kings 11:4 records that: “As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the Lord his God, as the heart of David his father had been.”

SEEK God - Solomon got this one right and penned these Words in 2 Chronicles 7:14 that were taught to me years ago by my Sunday School teachers, and that impacted me and bore fruit in life as an adult: “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

From these verses we can see clearly that our heart contains the mind, devotion (emotion) and desire. I wonder as I look at what the Word tells us about Solomon and how he did with his heart. I wonder what will the Lord reveal to me at the Bema seat (2 Cor. 5:11), when I stand before Him and He and I look back over my life in Christ? May He be gracious to me now, and search my heart and reveal to me now the places where I seek other things, where I seek approval from myself or from others. May I seek Him with a fully devoted heart! 


No comments:

Post a Comment