Tuesday 23 July 2013

Psalm 85

"I will listen to what God the LORD says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants—but let them not turn to folly."
{Psalm 85:8} (NIV) 

Prayer is as much about listening to God as it is about begging Him to listen to us. We desire salvation. We desire to see God’s hand save us from the predicaments we are in. We remember that He has saved us in the past, and we remember that His anger towards us is over, so we just plain out ask Him: “Show us your unfailing love; demonstrate your love for me God. Save me, help me, work a miracle on my behalf.” Then we listen, and we hear God say: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you, not as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”Jn 14:27 BUT the promise of peace comes to those who abide in Him, those who remain in Him, those who obey Him, those who fear Him, and who bring glory to His Name. 

May we be like this faithful poet who listened to the whole message of God, and didn’t fall into the trap of only hearing peace. Peace when there is no peace without obedience. May we not turn to folly today, may we fix our eyes on our Lord, pray for His salvation, then take up our cross and follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment