Tuesday 21 January 2014

Romans 6

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows."
Galatians 6:7 (NIV)

Do my actions as a Christian matter? 

I am saved! I confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead! (Rom 10:9) His Spirit testifies with my spirit that I am His child! (Rom 8:16) I have eternal life, for the Lord Jesus is alive within me, and He is Life and Light! That being truthfully said,  my question is this: “Do my actions, what I do with my body, my mouth and my mind, have consequences?” 

Our Lord gave us His expectations of our behaviour in the Sermon contained in Matt 5 thru 7, and warned us at the end that if we don’t put His instructions into practise in our lives (our actions), that our lives would end up in a heap of ruins. Paul teaches us that we are to live by the Spirit who is alive within us; that we are to offer our bodies as slaves to the One who bought us with His blood, for His gift to us was freedom and the ability to choose to behave in a righteous way. But many Christians act as if they have a free pass to sin and to live in whatever way they want, not realizing that we have been given a free pass to righteousness, not a free pass to sin. Friend, God will not be mocked! And mocking God is exactly what a person does when they claim Christ’s blood but refuse to allow Him to reign in their lives. We mock God and insult the Spirit of grace when we use the precious freedom we have in Christ, to live for sin and for ourselves instead of for our Lord.

Do my actions today have consequences?
Yes - when I sin I will reap death and ruin, but when I act righteously, life abounds.
May we this day choose life!


No comments:

Post a Comment