Wednesday 8 January 2014

Psalm 119:161-168

Proverbs 28:14 
"Blessed is the one who always trembles before God, but whoever hardens their heart falls into trouble." 



Proverbs 28:14 (NIV)

Will we LISTEN to the wise? Or will we pretend that always doesn't mean always?

ALWAYS is life-long. 
ALWAYS is every situation. 
ALWAYS is without exception. 

This wise saying clearly teaches that God's personal attention is given to the individuals (Num. 6:24-26) who make trembling before God their way of life. 

Psalm 119:161-168 teaches us what trembling before God looks like: 

When we rejoice in the promises contained in God's Word, we are trembling. 

When we HATE falsehood in our life, but LOVE the Law, we are trembling. 

When we regularly (7x a day) praise God for those Laws, we are trembling. 

When we experience great peace while we read His Laws, we are trembling. 

When we follow His commands and trust Him to deliver us, we are trembling. 

When we obey the spirit of the Law, and get past the letter, we are trembling. 

When we remember that our lives are lived on a stage before God, we are trembling. 

Heavenly Father, be gracious to me today. 
Strive with me; break my heart. 
Cause me to tremble before YOU, every moment of this day, and in every situation I find myself. 
Bless me I pray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment