Friday 25 May 2012

Luke 2:13,14


 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
{Colossians 3:15} (NIV1984)

Friend, do you know that peace that passes understanding? Do you have peace with God through His Son? It seems impossible; that God Almighty would have forgiven me for my rebellion, for my sin against a Holy God. I resisted His righteous rule in my life. I was His enemy. But now I have peace with Him through faith in the person of His Son and the work of His Son. I go to sleep at night, content that all is right between God and I, knowing that if I die in the night, I will be welcomed by God. I awake in the morning and no matter what I have to face in that day, I have a sense of peace deep within my heart. When Jesus came to the earth, the angels sang “Peace to men on whom his favor rests”. When Jesus came to my heart, He brought peace. Paul tells us to allow that peace to rule. Take it to the next step. This peace that you have with God, put that peace in charge of your life. Make it ruler, let it influence the way you deal with other people. Why fight with them? What do you need that they can give you? You have peace with the Almighty God.

Thank you Heavenly Father, thank you Precious Saviour, thank you Holy Spirit, for the peace that You provided to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment