Friday 2 November 2018

November 2, 2018 - Suggested Reading John 15 for Nov 4th’ s message on 1 Corinthians 13 in our worship service at 9:00 am


“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.”
John 15:12 (NIV) 

“I love the Lord but I can’t stand Christians.”
“Do I have to go to Youth Group? I don’t like anyone there!”
These words, or those like it have been uttered by countless numbers of Christians and will continue to be uttered by Christians until the Lord comes back in power and glory.
It is our natural state- our natural inclination to dislike those the Lord loves.
But we are called to love Christians as the Lord loves them.
We are to love our neighbours (all those we meet) as we love ourselves.
But we are to love Christians as Christ loves us.
This is a big order for Christ gave everything up for Christians.
He gave up heaven for earth.
He gave up being served to become a servant of all.
He entered time so that we could live forever.
He took our punishment so we could be pardoned.
He gave up His life so that we could live.
He went into the grave so that we could escape the grave.
He does the hard work so we could get rest.
You have to wonder about people who tell you they love Jesus but they have no love whatsoever for those whom He gave His life up for. It seems to me that if I love Jesus I will love the ones
that he loves.
Can you imagine what Parkdale would be like if each one of us loved each other as Christ loves us?
Our Lord connects remaining in His love and being filled with joy to this command.
Let’s choose the Way of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment