Thursday 1 November 2018

November 1, 2018 - Suggested Reading Proverbs 9 for Nov 4th s message on Matthew 7:1-12 in our worship service at 10:45am


“Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you.”
Proverbs 9:8 (NIV) 

Do we believe this verse?
Do we think it is wisdom or foolishness?
If we believe it then we can learn from it.
If I hate people who rebuke me - I am a mocker.
Mocker is a specific type of fool in the book of Proverbs, a search by name comes up with 16 separate verses that refer to mockers. Proverbs 21:24 defines a mocker as a proud and arrogant person who behaves with insolent fury.
If I hate the people who rebuke me - I am a mocker.
But if I love the people who rebuke me - I am wise.
Cast your mind back over your life, and identify a person who rebuked you.
Do you hate them, or love them?
Are you a mocker or a wise person?
You don’t understand the situation John- that’s true that I don’t understand the situation, nor do I know the circumstances. 
But the Word of God stands firm - and God understands only too well the circumstances and the situation. 
He knows that He sent a human into your life to rebuke you, for your good, for your correction, for your salvation.
Do I love that person or do I hate them?

No comments:

Post a Comment