Thursday 11 January 2018

Jan 11, 2018 - Suggested Reading 1st Service 2 Corinthians 13



 “He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you.  For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God’s power.”

Is Christ powerful within me?

The apostle Paul challenges us to take this test of faith.

In this chapter Paul is speaking to us about personal sin – this isn’t about weariness or lack of energy- but about the ability of the Lord Jesus Christ to get rid of my sin. I think of Romans 7:25 - “Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!”, a statement of praise after a description of a Christian’s long struggle with sin.

Is Christ powerful within me? Can I praise Him for His deliverance?

We need to meet Him at His place of weakness with our point of weakness.

We need to take our sin to the cross- and there we will find that the power that brought Him to life, will bring life into us. Is the kingdom of God a matter of talk with us- or is it a matter of power? Have we experienced the power of the risen Christ, as He breaks the power of sin in our lives?
May we pass this test!

No comments:

Post a Comment