Wednesday 4 December 2013

Luke 1:39-55

http://goodnessofgodministries.wordpress.com/2012/06/24/conquering-the-giants-and-entering-the-promised-land/
"He has helped his servant Israel, remembering to be merciful to Abraham and his descendants forever, just as he promised our ancestors." 
Luke 1:54-55 (NIV) 

Promises! Promises! Promises! God remembers and keeps His promises! I have forgotten and/or broken so many promises to Wanda over the last 27 years, that I try really hard not to make any promises. I wonder if you would accept my reason/excuse that most of those broken promises weren't my fault, for events out of my control caused me to be unable to fulfill my promises. 

Praise God that He is not like me or any other human! What He says, He will do and He does. What He says will happen; He makes it happen. He promised Abraham. He promised Israel (Jacob). He promised David. Mary praises His Great Name for remembering His promises and bringing them to pass through this child who is in her womb. 

Here in these words we hear echoes of Isaiah 44:21-23: "Remember these things, Jacob, for you Israel, are my servant. I have made you, you are my servant; Israel, I will not forget you. I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you. Sing for joy, you heavens, for the LORD has done this; shout aloud, you earth beneath. Burst into song, you mountains, you forests and all your trees, for the LORD has redeemed Jacob, he displays his glory in Israel." And we realize that Mary knows that her pregnancy is beginning of the fulfillment of this ancient prophecy, as she raises her voice in praise and joy over what God will do through Jesus. 

May we know the truth of this precious salvation. Join Mary in praising our Great God today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment