Monday 16 December 2019

December 16, 2019 - Suggested Reading Psalm 110 for the December 22nd message on Isaiah 9:1-7 in our worship service at 10:00AM


“The LORD will extend your mighty scepter from Zion, saying,
“Rule in the midst of your enemies!””
Psalm 110:2 (NIV) 

This little psalm is a powerful Messianic psalm that is all about the rule of our Lord Jesus. For not only is Psalm 110:1 quoted by our Lord in Matthew 22:44, by Peter in Acts 2:34, and by the writer to the Hebrews in 1:13, as well as verse 4 in Hebrews 7:17, but the concept of Christ seated at the right hand of God is repeated over and over again in the New Testament. This is a powerful Word from God regarding the present state of our Lord - He is right now at the right hand of God.
I wonder if you can find encouragement in the truth that He rules in the midst of His enemies?
People scoff at our belief that our Lord is ruling now in heaven, and point to everything that is bad and the evil happening around us as proof that He doesn’t reign.
Oh friend He reigns in the presence of His enemies.
Just think about our state as a Christians - we are saved through the sanctifying Presence of the Holy Spirit, brought to life - alive in Christ. Yet that life of Christ within us - that precious reign of His happens inside of sinful me - is a reign surrounded by His enemies. Make no mistake - my flesh is the enemy of Christ. My eyes, my ears, my mind, my hands, my feet, my heart - oh my heart - my deceitful and wicked heart. Yet He reigns within me and He will reign in every part of me, in direct proportion to my willingness to declare Him King and go forth in holy battle.
I wonder if you can find encouragement in the truth that He is a priest forever?
Do the Words of Paul in Romans 8:34 bring encouragement to your heart? As he meditated on the truths in Psalm 110 Paul wrote; Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
Interceding for us – FOREVER! Wow!
I wonder if you can find encouragement in the last Words of this Psalm, as it describes the future Day of Wrath where our King and Priest will come in judgment and destroy all those opposed to Him. What a glorious Day that will be, when my King destroys my sinful flesh and cloths me in immortality!
Oh friend be encouraged today in your faith in our Lord Jesus the Messiah.
May we be among the young men coming to the Lord like dew from the morning’s womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment