Saturday 2 March 2019

Mar 3, 2019 - Suggested Reading Psalm 95 for Mar 3rds message on Matthew 11:20-30 in our worship service at 10:45am


“Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;”
Psalm 95:6 (NIV) 

What a contrast between the first 7 verses of this psalm and the last 4 verses!
I would say that if we would put into practice what is described in the first 7 verses, we will have no danger of being included in the last 4 verses.
So let us sing for joy to our LORD and shout to the Rock of our salvation- sure we can do this in church I guess- but why not right now wherever you are – sing and shout to God! Being thankful, making music, singing songs. Turn the worship tunes on and sing along.
Why should we do this now? Because He is above all gods, He is the Creator God, the great God, the great King above all gods. He deserves it, surprise Him, delight Him- bless His holy Name.
Then bow and kneel before Him for not only is He the great God, the great King above all gods, but He is our God! He cares for us, He has placed us in a pasture of His choosing, the place where we will be well fed.
Fall to your knees and surrender all your cares, all your worries, all your fears and most important – all of your dreams.
Friend is it not true that if I would do this each day in sincerity of heart, that I would not to have to worry about hardening my heart towards His voice, for my heart would be full of the knowledge of His love. To harden my heart towards God is to refuse to obey Him, because I refuse to believe that He will deliver me, for I refuse to trust in His love and provision for me.
We know that we can harden our hearts towards our spouse and towards our children, it happens over time if we don’t consciously forgive them and reconnect with them. This hardening of our hearts towards each other causes distress and trouble in families. How much more will hardening our hearts towards our God, bring troubles and distress in our lives, and even worse than that we will never enter into true rest and will therefore never truly possess the life God has for us.
Lets praise Him continually and keep our hearts soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment