Thursday 6 June 2013

Hebrews 3:14 thru 4:16


"The LORD replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
{Exodus 33:14} (NIV)

What a wonderful promise! I trust that you realize that God is speaking to you today. This is a personal promise to you from the Almighty God, the Creator of heaven and earth. You say to me, “Come on John! He is talking to Moses specifically because Moses represents the nation Israel; I can’t take this promise literally to me today.” 

Actually friend, you can, according to our Lord that is. He said, “Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.” (Mat 11:28) This is personal promise from our Creator to us through our Mediator the Lord Jesus Christ. Believe it! Pray it back to God. Go to God and say, “God you promised me rest, I am coming to you now. Take this burden and give me rest.” 

It is that simple, it is easy, no work on our part is required, just faith! Faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we don’t see. Faith is taking God at His Word, believing Him and acting out of that belief. The book of Hebrews tells us that lack of faith is what keeps people from entering the promised rest! We make a big mistake if we think of this rest as only eternal rest. No friend, it is rest for the here and now! Rest for this moment - right now!

Dear Lord Jesus, help us with our unbelief, increase our faith we pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment