Friday 21 February 2014

Zechariah 3


http://neutralbayanglican.org.au/?p=1539 
"...So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him."
Hebrews 9:28 (NIV)    
 
Zechariah saw a vision of what every human will face; we will be standing before the angel of the LORD, (could this be Christ Jesus our Lord?) wearing our sin (dirty clothes) with Satan standing beside me accusing me of all of the evil I have done. I won’t be able to argue; I will have nothing to say, for Satan is right in all of his accusation. Yet, the angel of the LORD says something; my Lord Jesus Christ says: “See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put fine garments on you.”

Who will speak up for you my friend? If Jesus Christ has not taken your sins away, who will? Do we think that we will have some fine arguments to give the LORD? Are we counting on being able to explain the extenuating circumstances that led to our sin? Friend, if you have not placed your faith and trust in Jesus Christ here on this earth in your life, He will not speak up for you when you stand before the judgement seat of God. There is no other person who God will listen to; no other person who has the authority to rebuke Satan, and turn my sin into righteousness. Not only my clothes, but my turban as well. I will have a turban that says holy to the LORD on it (Ex 28:36).

Jesus the Christ died once, so that we could be forgiven through faith, and He will come again to bring salvation to all who trust in Him. This is a matter of life and death - eternal life and eternal death. Act now!


No comments:

Post a Comment