Saturday 26 January 2019

Jan 26, 2019 - Suggested Reading 2 Corinthians 1 for Jan 27ths message on 1 Corinthians 15:58 in our worship service at 9:00 am


Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

I wonder if this chapter is the most encouraging chapter in the bible? If you had to rate chapters in regards to the encouragement their Words bring to your soul, which chapter would you put at number 1? My heart warms as I read this chapter’s wonderful Words, describing God as the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort. The short description of the depth of the cost of Paul’s missionary journey, must encourage the hearts of missionaries all over the world as they realize that
the great missionary Paul despaired even of life itself. My conscience pricks me and I ask my Lord for forgiveness as I read that Paul’s conduct with this local church was conducted with reliance solely on God’s grace and not with worldly wisdom. I find it so easy as leader in a local church to forget this and to begin to rely on worldly wisdom instead of God’s grace. This conviction sets me up for the wonderful encouragement that it is God’s grace that will make me stand firm in Christ until the very end. What a wonderful truth this is! Bask in this truth my brother and sister for as we bask in these Words, looking to Him and Him alone for our salvation, trusting in Him and Him alone to cause us to stand firm to the end - as we bask we will find our rest in Christ and Christ alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment