Monday 23 July 2018

July 23, 2018 - Suggested Reading Genesis 1 for July 29’s message on Matthew 5:13-16 in our summer worship service at 10am


“God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.”
Genesis 1:4 (NIV) 

I love reading the first few verses of this chapter.
Here is the Creator in His glory, creating and judging His own creation!
It blesses me so much to know that God created the darkness- it is not bigger than its Creator, and yet He doesn’t call it good does He?
Nope! He creates light and He calls light good.
He then separates light from the darkness, and this statement brings me so much hope.
Some laugh at the creation account, some ignore the spiritual meaning- both groups make the same mistake, by looking at this account as a science manual.
Let me be clear- I believe God created all there is in existence in six literal days, I see no reason to give ground to the skeptics and mockers. Yet I also notice that light was created before the sun, and I can’t help but believe that all of creation was created to reveal God’s glory, to reveal the character of an invisible God, and so when I read of the creation of this light, and the separation of the light from the darkness, I think of the declaration in 2 Corinthians 4:6 that God has made His light shine in my heart, and I think of my Lord within me who is the Light of the World, and hope swells up within my heart for God is right now separating the light within me from the darkness within me
This is good- very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment