Friday 8 June 2018

June 8, 2018 - Suggested Reading 1 John 2 for June 10th’s message on 1 Corinthians 10:13 in the 1st Service

“My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.”
1 John 2:1 (NIV)

SIN
The three letter Word that people hate to hear.
Quit talking about SIN in church they say.
People won’t come if all you talk about is SIN.
John’s purpose for writing this letter is so that Christians will not SIN.
But if we do SIN– remember we have the sinless One more than that - the Righteous One
who speaks for us at the Father’s side- and let us go to this One, our Lord Jesus Christ and ask Him to forgive us.
Verses 12, 13 and 14 always leave me whimsical;
Am I a child? yes in many ways I am especially when I sin
Am I a father? yes in many ways I am especially when I help others thru my knowledge of God
Am I a young man? Only when the Word of God lives in me and I overcome the evil one.
I don’t want to SIN, I want to overcome!
Make me strong Lord Jesus make me strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment