Friday 1 November 2013

Isaiah 22:1-14

"You built a reservoir between the two walls for the water of the Old Pool, but you did not look to the One who made it, or have regard for the One who planned it long ago."
Isaiah 22:11 (NIV) 

This chapter of Isaiah describes a time of great trouble, a time of distress and threat. The LORD watches His people prepare for battle; they make plans, they store water, they replace their weapons, they get themselves ready, all of which is good and commendable, except that they didn’t look to their God, the ONE who planned this path for them. 

Many years ago, as I drove down a road towards a meeting where I would be signing an agreement, that would change my life and my family’s life for years, the Lord brought to my mind this question: “Have you asked me what I thought you should do?”. I had worked hard at this agreement, talked with wise friends and talked it through with my wise wife - I had done my research and yet I had not once asked the ONE who made it all and who made me, what He wanted me to do! I stopped my truck and repented right there, and asked Him to lead me. 

Friend, let us not make this mistake in our lives today. Let us look to the ONE and let us have regard for the ONE who planned what we are walking into long ago! What is it that we need to ask Him for guidance today?

No comments:

Post a Comment