Wednesday 3 July 2013

Genesis 21:1-21


"She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”
{Genesis 16:13} (NIV) 

Hagar is just a slave woman, who was used and then discarded by her mistress. Who cares about a slave woman? You say, “Come on John; every person is important!” To which my response is, “Only to God, only to God.” 

The ugly truth is that there are millions of people alive today in terrible situations, especially women, for whom no one will lift a finger to help.  Yet here in this account of a young Egyptian woman, we see the wonderful truth that her Creator, the God above all Gods, the Creator of heaven and earth, sees her. Not only does He see her in distress, but He comes alongside her and speaks words of encouragement to her. Then just a few years later as she wept for her son Ishmael who was dying of thirst, the LORD heard the boy, came alongside her and helped her find water. 

Many ladies wonder, “Who helps me? Who cares about me? I spend my life helping others, but who helps me?” Lift your eyes to the mountains -  for your help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. The LORD created women because of His compassion for men, and their need for a helper. But the LORD helps women Himself!

Ladies, never doubt your importance in the eyes of the LORD. Never doubt His great love for you, and His ability and willingness to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment