Saturday 8 December 2012

Luke 1:67-79



  "...To rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear in holiness and righteousness before him all our days."
{Luke 1:74,75} (NIV1984)

How many days do we have left? When will our days on earth end? We read that Zechariah was ‘well along in years’ and we think that his days were almost over. But what about us? 

The Holy Spirit is telling us that our Lord Jesus was born as a babe, lived His days, died and rose again, to enable us to serve God all our days. The Lord is not just an historical figure; He is our ever present help! He is grace upon grace, and He alone is the One who enables us to serve the Living God. 

Shawna, Dan and Greg were recently ministering in the prison, and a woman inmate, due to be released soon, after 20 years, testified to them last week: “ I have tried sex, I have tried drugs, I have tried Jesus; only Jesus has come through for me.” Does Jesus come through for us? Do we seek this ‘enabling’ from Him that Zechariah prophesied about? Do we seek Him at all? Paul told us, “The life I live in the body, I live through faith in the Son of God…” (Gal 2:20)

May we seek Him this day. May we be able to testify with Zechariah, Paul and that woman in prison, “Jesus came through for me, all my days.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment